Tuesday 26 May 2009

I fell in love with this:

It's a renovated farmhouse in Northern Frog... dude who did it up was an engineer and had two big engineering companies; it is geothermically heated and has it's own well; the electrics are state of the art as is the alarm system; it has a great wine cellar, a massive hangar/garage; a perfect vegetable plot; about 15 different fruit trees; an outdoor furnace; and a spankers sheep/pig shed with four small pastures off it all fenced fantasically. All in all it stands on 5.5 hectares (bout 13 acres)... i saw it on saturday... and sunday... and it's glorious. Please someone come and buy my house soon before this gets snapped up...

































































































9 comments:

  1. All right, I’ll increase my offer: £1000 and I’ll have it, cash upfront.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, db.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid DB! Hope you can work out the deal so it becomes yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house would be perfect as quarters for the local commanding officer for the next time the Germans invade.

    Seriously, that is a beautiful piece of property. I'm surprised it's so damn close to the road. The part that runs along the street, is that living quarters, or is that the pig shed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does seem sort of defensively built.. very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I'm not implying that house looks like a pigshed, but I've seen some barns built nicer looking than a house (I'm sure MM will agree with me). And in France, where Form beats Function, one never knows. Nothing in those photos looks barn-like.

    Beautiful piece of property, and I hope you get it, because I want to visit you there, and get drunk, light off illegal fireworks, and have a bonfire in that yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hear you steve... the pig/sheep barn is way out the back but built in the same style as the house... i thought it was a games room.

    you should see the frikkin security system on it... there's trip lasers everywhere... it's hardcore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today, a pig/sheep barn, tomorrow, a games room with a drunk Englishman and a drunker American trying to play billiards.

    ReplyDelete